Welcome to our final newsletter for the year. As the year comes to an end, it presents the perfect opportunity to reflect and reassess our plan and check if we have indeed made life better for our customers and stakeholders. In the spirit of celebrating our achievements, I would like to dedicate this communication to the outstanding efforts of the entire team which has resulted in our businesses being recognized on a few fronts.
Firstly, a hearty congratulations to the Grand Re team who have broken new ground. The business has been upgraded by 5 notches from BB+ to AA. This is an amazing feat and is testimony of all their hard work and efforts they have put in throughout the year. Well done to Tatenda and the Grand Re team!
Winning is in the Zimnat DNA! Zimnat Life Assurance also got an upgrade in their GCR rating from A- to A, with a stable outlook. Things are moving forward and up at Zimnat.
Earlier on in the year Zimnat General also an upgrade in their GCR rating from A- to A+. This is also an impressive move of two notches from their previous rating. As Zimnat our drive is to keep growing and making life better!
Congratulations also go out to the Zimnat General Insurance team for winning the Customer Service Excellence award for short term insurance. This is the second year running they have won this award. Congrats to Stanley and Patricia and the Customer Service and Zimnat General team for continuing to provide exceptional service. We are expecting even bigger accolades in future.
My final congratulations go to the Marketing team for representing the brand well and winning 8 awards at the Marketing Excellence Awards. The awards are as follows:
- Top Marketer of the Year Award: Angela Mpala
- First Runner-Up for the Marketing Oriented CEO of the Year Award: Mustafa Sachak
- First Runner-Up for the Brand Manager of the Year Award: Shingirai Mazambani
- The Best Outdoor Media: Zimnat for its Borrowdale Car Crash Billboard, where rocks appear to be tumbling out of a container onto a real car beneath the billboard.
- First Runner-Up for the Best Print Advert of the Year: Zimnat’s Gadziriro/ Lungiselelo Press advert.
- First Runner-Up for the Best Customer Engagement and Experience of the Year Award.
- Second Runner-Up for the Best Social Media and Digital Campaign of the Year
- Second Runner-Up for the Best TV Advert of the Year.
It is exciting to see that we are now breeding a culture of excellence at Zimnat. In all that we do we want to be the best. As we go into the New Year and grow our businesses 10X, I can only see us dominating our respective markets and indeed “Making life better”.